Walls Club, Barnwood, Gloucester
Lindy Hop, Charleston & Swing - As featured on BBC's 'Strictly Come Dancing'
We teach Swing dancing & Lindy Hop lessons for all abilities from complete beginners who have never done any style of dancing before to advanced Lindy Hoppers. We have been told many times that we teach with humor, patience & passion. We have the utmost respect for the people who attend our classes and always try to make them feel welcome and at ease. We emphasize connection & lead/follow resulting in stylish social dancing.
Come and give it a go!
Lesson Times & Evening Schedule
Never been to a lesson before? Please see our 'Beginners' page
Classes for all levels in the Walls' Club, Hammond Way, Barnwood, Gloucester GL4 3YL
The new NEW Beginners course will start on Tues 18th May 2021
New Beginners should come along then. If you are confident and have some experience you may be able to join in this term still.
Walls' Club Barnwood, Gloucester GL4 3YL
Only £5 per class or £8 for two classes
Absolute beginners Swing Dance
Partner required (Main hall)
COVID RESTICTIONS STILL ATM
Doors open 7pm (entrance main door) Class start 7.15pm, Class finish 8.00pm (exit side fire door)
Jazz, Stroll, or Charleston
No partner required (Main hall)
Doors open 8.00pm (entrance main door), Class start 8.15pm, Class finish 9.00pm (exit side door)
Intermediate Lindy hop
Partner required (Main hall)
Doors open 9.00pm (entrance main door),Class start 9.15pm,Class finish 10.00pm (exit side door)
Improvers Lindy Hop with Jess and Stuart
Is moving to the new larger wooden floored Skittle Alley Function room
Doors open 8.00pm (entrance main door),Class start 8.15pm,Class finish 9.00pm (exit side door)
This is all very much a trial and we may need to alter, classes, times and numbers. Please remember to book no later than 7.30pm the evening before class to secure your place.
COVID - 19
We look forward to seeing you back at class. This is information you need to know...
1) Classes resume Tuesday 18th May 2021
2) We would like you to book/ book and pay (see below) in advance. This will ensure your admittance to class, and avoid any embarrassment of you being turned away. Email email@example.com to book your place, providing:
a. Your name(s)
b. Contact information (for track and trace)
We'll reply to confirm you're booked. Or ring 07503349560 between 6.30 - 7.30pm no later than 24 hrs before class.
3) As always we want to be as inclusive as we can. However there are restrictions. There won't be any class rotation in beginners. We may have some in intermediates - but it depends..... For now you will need to dance with someone from your household or from your 'bubble'. Please do not arrive at class unless you have made these arrangements.
4) We need to avoid handling cash where possible. You can pay us by bank transfer or cheque. You can also buy class vouchers - 10 +1 free = £50 - you can purchase less, but there will be no discount. If you need to pay by cash please bring exact money. If you want to pay by bank transfer or buy class vouchers, please contact us. Price £5 per class. If there is availability you can take part in the non-partner class + one other @ £8 for 2 classes.
At Wall's Club -
1) Entrance will be through the main front door and exit will be through the side fire door.
2) Sanitizer will be available but please try to bring your own.
3) Toilets will be one in one out. There will be signage to advise vacant or engaged. You will need to be responsible for changing this.
4) Please do not arrive inside the hall any earlier than 10 minutes before the start of your class.
5) Book in with us at reception, giving your name and payment (if this has not been made in advance, remember exact money). Even though we probably know you really well, let us know your name... it's been a while! Although we'd love to chat with you all we don't have much time so please move on as soon as you can.
6) There will be seating, but this will be limited.
7) Remember to keep your social distance, no hand shaking, kisses or cuddles... we know that will be hard!
Intermediate Swing Dancers
Will know 6 & 8 Count Triples, Swing Out, Lindy Turn, Circle, Charleston etc. If you are unsure of these steps please attend the Improvers Lindy Hop Classes
Where are we again?
Hammond Way, Barnwood Gloucester. GL4 3YL. We have a fabulous large dance floor, there is a fully licensed bar and of course loads of free parking on site (Just outside the door).
"I started Lindy Hop dance classes in September 2013. I desperately needed something that was just for me, some time out each week to do something fun and to recharge the batteries. Dancing seemed the perfect thing. A friend offered to pick me up and we went to the Guildhall for Gary and Sara's beginners class. It was a bit strange to start with as it was a partner dance, but by the end of the first class I'd managed to remember several names as we kept rotating partners. We'd missed the first class of the term, but with a recap at the start of the lesson it was easy to catch up. The steps were broken down and easy to follow, the teachers were funny and reassured us not to worry about making mistakes, the leaders were friendly and the music was fab! That first class swung by so fast, I left with the biggest smile on my face and couldn't wait for the next one.
I've made some really lovely friends there and I enjoy the social dances that Gary and Sara organise, some of which have the top UK and international swing bands, which are amazing!!
If you fancy a fun night out, whatever your age, ability or size you'll find a warm welcome. You don't even need a partner. Leave your worries at the door and come and dance the Lindy Hop"
Mandy Wiseman - January 2016
Class Vouchers Available Again
Buy 10 Dance Class Vouchers and get 1 FREE!
11 Class vouchers for £50 with FREE post and packing - Contact Us
Private Dance Lessons - 1 Hour (per couple)
Multiple number groups by negotiation.
For more information on our classes please don't hesitate to contact us
Please note that we do not teach 'Modern Jive' or any other derivatives of this.
Our beginners Swing dance class is entirely based on authentic six-count Lindy Hop steps.